03-02-18 5 Friday Quotes to Inspire
Yesterday's email gave me a chance to think further about my own activity for the first 60-days and really see some areas I am going to be stepping it up in the next 30. If you didn't get a chance to drop me a line and let me know some of your's then it's not to late...make it part of your Friday wrap-up for the week.
Regardless of what your area of focus is in real estate or what strategies you deploy; at the end of the day there is no way to avoid the fact that this is a people business. I've found five quotes to help you think about how you are dealing with people.
- 1The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and influence their actions - John Hancock
- 2The only way to change someone's mind is to connect with them from the heart. - Rasheed Ogunlaru
- 3We are at our most powerful the moment we no longer need to be powerful - Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- 4When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen. - Ernest Hemingway
- 5Remember that failure is an event, not a person. - Zig Ziglar
I think #4 is even more true today thanks to the omnipresence of our connected devices. I was in a conversation with someone yesterday who is a stay-at-home-dad and just getting started as an agent. Part of the discussion was outlining top three goals and he laughingly joked that one of his goals was around spending more time with his kids. What he said; a bit uncomfortably, was that even though he spends lots of time around his kids much of it is lost with double duty to that little screen.
What are some of your favorite quotes around the area of dealing with people?
I know you're making offers this weekend right? Don't wait until Monday to give me a call on that accepted offer. Feel free to reach out on Saturday or Sunday at 1-833-FUNDYES and we'll get a jump on the process.